Selling your home quickly requires a plan so you can impress buyers and bring in the offers. The following is a list of the most important steps to follow when you are getting ready to sell your home.
- The first thing to do is to look at your home as a buyer and address all the items that you have neglected to fix or update. When we live in the same place for several years we start to overlook certain needed repairs that other people still notice. Do touch ups with paint, fix dings in walls and creaky doors, etc.
- The next thing to do would be to select a listing agent who will help you set a price and market your home. It is important to find a professional real estate agent who is very experienced in the local market. They will offer advice throughout the home selling process and also be able to tell you if there is anything you are overlooking before you put your house on the market.
- Setting a price for your home is the next step and is quite possibly the most important. Work with your agent to set a sales price that is fair and makes sense with the current market. This number could mean the difference between your home selling quickly or sitting on the market for months. Your agent will look at comparable homes on the market and also ones that have recently sold. The list price should be competitive and this will help in selling your home quickly.
- Before potential buyers come to look at your home the next thing you need to do is deep clean and remove ALL clutter. A spotless home shows best and you want to disassociate yourself with the home and remove all personal items like photos, knickknacks, extra furniture, etc. This will allow the buyer to imagine themselves living in the home and will make this large purchase that much easier for them.
- If you have an older home or are concerned with issues coming up after the buyer inspection then this is the time you might consider getting a prelisting inspection. Prelisting inspections reveal underlying repairs that need to be done on the home. You can choose to make the repairs before you list the property or you can disclose them and take a little off the sales price.
- When you are ready for buyers to come look at your home make sure all the final details are covered. On show days double check that everything is spotless and that garbage is taken out. You can also display some fresh flowers and open windows so the air is extra fresh and inviting. Put pets outside and then leave your home so that the agent can show your property privately to the potential buyers.
- The final step to consider is to have a moving plan ready. You never know how soon a buyer will put in an offer on your home. They might want to take possession as soon as possible and it is best to be in a position where you are ready to move on and pass the keys onto the new home owner!
You will have a better chance of selling your home quickly by following these steps thoroughly.
Do you want a handy condensed version of all these steps that you can print out?
Click on the button and fill out the form on the right to get your free printable checklist on How to Prepare Your House to Sell:
Kuper Sotheby’s International Realty specializes in San Antonio Real Estate but can also connect you with properties world wide. Search homes for sale in San Antonio Tx on KuperRealty.com . Browse our extensive list of San Antonio real estate agents and San Antonio realtors who can aid in the purchase of a new home or help sell your current one.